Android Pay, the mobile payments service being developed by China UnionPay, will use both NFC and fingerprint verification, Want China Times reports. “Android Pay adopts a similar model to Apple’s Apple Pay,” the report explains. “The difference is that there are more partners UnionPay can choose to produce the security recognition modules with and thus UnionPay may have greater influences on users than Apple Pay.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway