UK startup Yoyo is to provide a mobile payments and loyalty app to Malaysian budget airline AirAsia, City AM reports. “The deal will see the airline reduce the number of cash payments on its flights for duty free and in-flight purchases and instead use mobile payments with Yoyo’s technology,” the article explains. Yoyo’s QR-code based system has been live on the Imperial College London campus since September 2013.
- Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments — See the webinar now on NFC World
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks