UK startup Yoyo is to provide a mobile payments and loyalty app to Malaysian budget airline AirAsia, City AM reports. “The deal will see the airline reduce the number of cash payments on its flights for duty free and in-flight purchases and instead use mobile payments with Yoyo’s technology,” the article explains. Yoyo’s QR-code based system has been live on the Imperial College London campus since September 2013.
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market
- New MacBook Pro to support Touch ID?