UK startup Yoyo is to provide a mobile payments and loyalty app to Malaysian budget airline AirAsia, City AM reports. “The deal will see the airline reduce the number of cash payments on its flights for duty free and in-flight purchases and instead use mobile payments with Yoyo’s technology,” the article explains. Yoyo’s QR-code based system has been live on the Imperial College London campus since September 2013.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport