Mobile phone and tablet users will be making 195bn mobile transactions a year by 2019, up from 72bn this year, Juniper Research forecasts. “Highest growth rates are expected in the NFC sector,” the company says, where “usage is expected to be buoyed by the launch of Apple Pay together with a host of anticipated deployments by banks using solutions based on HCE technology.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway