MasterCard’s cloud-based payment service is now available in China, following its initial launch in the US in September 2014. The service makes use of the MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) tokenization system, the MasterPass digital wallet platform and host card emulation (HCE) technology. The launch will enable Chinese card issuers “to provide additional payment options by simplifying the deployment of NFC technologies and making in-app and online payments easier to set up and complete,” says MasterCard’s Dennis Chang.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway