Almost a quarter (24%) of US smartphone owners have now used one or more mobile payment apps, research from PunchTab has found. Starbucks tops the popularity list with 40% of respondents citing it as their most-used mobile payment app. More than half (55%) of millennials say they would like a single mobile payment app that can be used across multiple stores and offers loyalty programs, the research also found.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx