Almost a quarter (24%) of US smartphone owners have now used one or more mobile payment apps, research from PunchTab has found. Starbucks tops the popularity list with 40% of respondents citing it as their most-used mobile payment app. More than half (55%) of millennials say they would like a single mobile payment app that can be used across multiple stores and offers loyalty programs, the research also found.
- Alipay expands across Europe after deals with major banks and payment providers
- Android Pay offers Christmas rewards
- Loyalty and gifts added to Apple Pay
- Amazon Go store will let customers shop and go without checkout queues
- Join us on Thursday for HCE mobile payments webinar