The Fido Alliance has published final drafts of version 1.0 of its Universal Authentication Framework (UAF) and Universal Second Factor (U2F) specifications. The specifications enable websites and cloud applications to replace the need for passwords with “a broad variety of existing and future Fido enabled authenticators, ranging from biometrics to hardware tokens”. Extensions that will add support for both NFC and Bluetooth are also nearing completion, the alliance says.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway