Broadcom has introduced an automotive-grade NFC controller designed to be built into vehicles to simplify set-up for mobile device connectivity and enable solutions such as keyless entry. The BCM89095 meets the special requirements of the automotive industry, which include extreme temperature tolerance and multiple sets of international manufacturing guidelines. The low-power chip supports reader/writer, P2P and card emulation modes.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport