Bitcoin wallet provider Circle has added NFC to its Android app to enable users to make payments using the digital currency with a tap of their smartphone. “Using this NFC integration, Circle customers can tap to pay when checking out with the app at physical locations where Bitcoin is accepted,” the company explains. “Since our friends at BitPay have also enabled NFC, thousands of merchant locations worldwide will support this feature.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway