Music recognition app Shazam has partnered with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) specialist Gimbal to add support for Bluetooth beacons to its platform. The move “represents a further evolution in the way consumers are looking to Shazam to magically connect them with the world around them”, Shazam says, and will “expand opportunities for brands, advertisers and media owners to offer a more personalised experience” to its more than 100 million monthly active users.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes