Nintendo sold about 2.4m NFC-enabled Amiibo figurines in 2014, the company has revealed. “Wii U had its strongest year yet thanks to the highly anticipated software line-up and the introduction of the Amiibo platform,” says Nintendo’s Scott Moffitt. “Fans can anticipate another strong year for 2015.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway