JetBlue Airways is to become the first major US domestic carrier to accept Apple Pay for onboard purchases such as food and drink. “JetBlue will deploy iPad Minis and NFC-enabled cases to more than 3,500 inflight crewmembers,” the airline says. “Each iPad Mini will be loaded with a custom-designed iOS app — the Inflight Service Assistant — which will give inflight crewmembers access to customer manifest and flight data to provide the best experience possible to JetBlue customers.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway