From this month the 700,000 daily users of Jakarta’s local train network can pay for their tickets with a tap of a contactless wristband or card at any of 64 stations served by Indonesian regional rail operator PT Kai Commuter Jabodetabek (KCJ). KCJ’s new ticketing system has been supplied by Sony FeliCa and support for NFC phones is planned “from the middle of 2015.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway