Barclays will be the first British bank to allow people to send payments using just the recipient’s Twitter username. The free service will launch on March 10 for users of the social network and the bank’s Pingit mobile payment app. “Adding the ability to pay people or a small business using just a Twitter handle brings together a social and digital experience to create a new step forward for mobile payments in the UK,” said Darren Foulds, director of Barclays Mobile Banking and Pingit.
- Graphene NFC antennas pave way for cheaper, stronger connected wearables
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade