Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) is now offering customers with an NFC mobile phone running Android 4.4 KitKat or higher the ability to make mobile payments using host card emulation. “The payments can be made via CBA’s mobile banking app, which so far has 3.2 million registered users and has been used to make more than $100bn in transactions since late 2013,” Australian Financial Review reports.
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market