MFS, a joint venture between Telefonica-owned carrier Vivo and MasterCard, has expanded its Vivo Zuum mobile payment service to São Paulo, the biggest city in Brazil. The service lets users make in-store payments via USSD, pay bills, transfer funds between Vivo Zuum accounts, top up prepaid airtime and withdraw cash from MasterCard ATMs. Vivo Zuum is also available in Salvador, Belo Horizonte, Porto Alegre and Aracaju.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices