22% of US mobile phone users made a mobile payment last year, up from 17% in 2013, research from the Federal Reserve Board reveals. The most common type of mobile payment was paying bills through an online system or mobile app, followed by online and in-app purchases, with in-store payments in third place, the Consumers and Mobile Financial Services 2015 (PDF) report found.
- Federal Reserve calls for industry input on payments security
- Bell ID’s TSP to help Japan Apple Pay integration
- G&D to deliver prepaid wristbands for concerts and events
- Apple Pay transactions up 500% year on year, CEO reports
- EMVCo adds biometrics to 3-D Secure