22% of US mobile phone users made a mobile payment last year, up from 17% in 2013, research from the Federal Reserve Board reveals. The most common type of mobile payment was paying bills through an online system or mobile app, followed by online and in-app purchases, with in-store payments in third place, the Consumers and Mobile Financial Services 2015 (PDF) report found.
- Danish shoppers to get BLE mobile payments in 2017
- LG Pay delays launch, cites testing issues
- Square brings contactless reader to Australia
- Study shows growing appetite for mobile payments and biometrics
- mBeaconVend enables mobile vending machine payments