Users of Vodafone’s M-Pesa and MTN Group’s MTN Mobile Money services in east Africa will soon be able to transfer money to each other following an agreement between the region’s two biggest mobile network operators. MTN and Vodafone will interconnect their mobile money services to “enable convenient and affordable international remittances”. They will also share best practices and work together to define the rules and standards of mobile-based remittances in Africa, the companies say.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway