Users of Vodafone’s M-Pesa and MTN Group’s MTN Mobile Money services in east Africa will soon be able to transfer money to each other following an agreement between the region’s two biggest mobile network operators. MTN and Vodafone will interconnect their mobile money services to “enable convenient and affordable international remittances”. They will also share best practices and work together to define the rules and standards of mobile-based remittances in Africa, the companies say.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain