Users of Vodafone’s M-Pesa and MTN Group’s MTN Mobile Money services in east Africa will soon be able to transfer money to each other following an agreement between the region’s two biggest mobile network operators. MTN and Vodafone will interconnect their mobile money services to “enable convenient and affordable international remittances”. They will also share best practices and work together to define the rules and standards of mobile-based remittances in Africa, the companies say.
- Danish shoppers to get BLE mobile payments in 2017
- LG Pay delays launch, cites testing issues
- Square brings contactless reader to Australia
- Study shows growing appetite for mobile payments and biometrics
- mBeaconVend enables mobile vending machine payments