Chinese internet giant Tencent has released a mobile operating system that is set to include mobile payments functionality. TencentOS is designed for wearables, smartphones and other connected devices, and is part of TOS+, the company’s “intelligent hardware open platform strategy”. “The Shenzhen-based company will work with partners to integrate the software into devices including smart glasses,” Bloomberg reports.
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market