Chinese internet giant Tencent has released a mobile operating system that is set to include mobile payments functionality. TencentOS is designed for wearables, smartphones and other connected devices, and is part of TOS+, the company’s “intelligent hardware open platform strategy”. “The Shenzhen-based company will work with partners to integrate the software into devices including smart glasses,” Bloomberg reports.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes