EMV payments on plastic cards won’t achieve broad adoption in the US until 2020, Forrester Research predicts, due to the rise of “more secure” mobile and contactless payment alternatives. “Forrester expects that more secure, encrypted and tokenized transactions on digital wallets, mobile device-based NFC virtual cards and EMV contactless payments will prove strong competitors to plastic EMV chip and signature and chip and PIN payments in the US,” the company says.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx