US retail giant Home Depot is planning to offer Apple Pay at its more than 2,000 stores, a rollout that would make it the largest retailer yet to accept the mobile payments service — though a deal with Apple is not yet in place. “It’s something we’d like to do,” the retailer’s Steve Holmes told Bloomberg, while mentioning that the chain may also add support for “other kinds of mobile payment”.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices