Visa is in preliminary talks to buy former subsidiary Visa Europe in a deal that may be valued at as much as US$20bn. “The talks, which began when Visa approached Visa Europe, are at an early stage and could fall apart if the two sides can’t agree on a price,” Bloomberg reports. “Visa Europe is owned by more than 3,000 European banks and has a put option that would force its former parent to buy it within about nine months if at least 80% of its board agrees.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway