US grocery chain Trader Joe’s is reportedly gearing up to begin accepting Apple Pay NFC payments in its stores. “Kiosks at Trader Joe’s checkout counters have been seeing upgrades in recent weeks and months to VeriFone touchscreen machines,” AppleInsider reports. “Some of these payment terminals already advertise that they accept Apple Pay.” Trader Joe’s has more than 400 locations across the country.
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market