Sweden-based mPOS provider iZettle has begun distributing a contactless-enabled terminal to select partners in the UK that will allow them to begin accepting NFC mobile payments, as well as contactless and chip and pin transactions. The Card Reader Pro Contactless terminal will be rolled out more broadly in June with other countries to follow in the “coming months”. It will retail for about £79 (US$122) with price variations depending on markets.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes