The total number of cash payments made by consumers, businesses and financial organisations in the UK fell to 48% last year, marking the first time that non-cash payments have exceeded those made with cash, the Payments Council reports. Some 52% of consumers continued to use cash for more than half of their transactions in 2014, however, and “there is no prediction for cash to disappear”.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx