India’s largest private sector bank ICICI Bank has become the first in the country to launch a voice recognition-based service, allowing more than 33 million customers to make banking transactions through the bank’s call centre by authenticating themselves using their voice. “Our decision to invest in this new technology was primarily driven by the objective of enhancing the everyday banking experience of our customers,” said CEO Chanda Kochhar.
- Indian government working on Aadhaar mobile payments app
- Wirecard to integrate insurance into Boon
- Army cadets develop NFC medical bracelet
- Royal Mint to develop blockchain for gold trade
- Battery-less smartwatch powered by body heat