The Apple Store app for iOS has been updated with two-step authentication, meaning users will now need to enter both a password and a verification code sent to a trusted device before they can complete a purchase. Version 3.3 also lets users confirm their identity via Touch ID before gaining access to their order history and EasyPay receipts, or making reservations at brick-and-mortar Apple Stores, according to AppleInsider.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport