Facebook is to roll out its mobile payments service to New York City and surrounding metro areas and will add additional functionality to make it “easier to send and receive money”, an email sent out by the social network and seen by VentureBeat reveals. The service was first unveiled in March as a way for users to send and receive money for free through the Messenger app. New features include hyperlinked dollar amounts and the possibility to send payments to a single person when part of a group conversation.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway