Facebook is to roll out its mobile payments service to New York City and surrounding metro areas and will add additional functionality to make it “easier to send and receive money”, an email sent out by the social network and seen by VentureBeat reveals. The service was first unveiled in March as a way for users to send and receive money for free through the Messenger app. New features include hyperlinked dollar amounts and the possibility to send payments to a single person when part of a group conversation.
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx
- FCC authorizes mysterious Apple product
- Android Pay users get free London travel and coffee
- Gemalto and BankAxept to simplify mobile payments for Norwegian banks