Facebook is to roll out its mobile payments service to New York City and surrounding metro areas and will add additional functionality to make it “easier to send and receive money”, an email sent out by the social network and seen by VentureBeat reveals. The service was first unveiled in March as a way for users to send and receive money for free through the Messenger app. New features include hyperlinked dollar amounts and the possibility to send payments to a single person when part of a group conversation.
- Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments — See the webinar now on NFC World
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks