Hotel chain Marriott Hotels has released version 4.6 of its iOS mobile app that introduces support for Apple Watch, enabling users to check in, receive room-ready alerts and check out from their wrist. “Also, view the nearest hotel, your next reservation or your Marriott Rewards account details with a quick glance,” the company explains. Unlike the Starwoods Hotels app, users cannot unlock their hotel room doors using the device at this stage.
- Samsung adds biometrics to mobile transactions
- Kohl’s to allow checkouts from mobile app
- Glacéau Smartwater sends tips to Londoners using BLE beacons
- Contactless POS transactions nearing $500bn
- Valencia commuters to test NFC wristbands for public transport