Visa Europe has confirmed that it will play a part in the the UK launch of Apple Pay and will give debit, credit and reloadable prepaid cardholders access to the payment system. “Visa Europe would like to confirm that it is part of the Apple Pay launch in the UK coming at the beginning of July,” the payment network says. “Further details and information will be shared shortly.” MasterCard revealed last week that it was ready to switch on Apple Pay in Europe.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments