Chip maker Broadcom has licensed Mifare, the widely deployed protocol for contactless ticketing, transportation and access applications. “With this adoption, Broadcom supports a growing set of NFC and related payment applications in mobile phones, tablets and wearable devices,” the company says, “to enable OEMs to integrate a wide array of applications that deliver a simplified and consolidated user experience for payments, access and contactless ticketing.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway