PARTNER NEWS: The prevalence of EMV in the UK, lower interchange fees and the existing contactless infrastructure will lead to faster adoption of Apple Pay in the UK than in the US, Gemalto’s Rémi de Fouchier forecasts. “We’re predicting that the number of users in the UK after six months will be comparable to the number of users the US had after a year. The UK should also have a better percentage of usage.”
- UK consumers eye up iris scanning for banking biometrics
- LG to develop its own MST technology?
- Samsung Pay set to go live in Canada?
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market