The UAE Banks Federation, a standards body representing 50 Emirates banks, has cleared its mobile wallet project for launch and is now awaiting final approval from the nation’s central bank following a pre-implementation phase completed in December. The UBF mWallet project represents the financial component of the UAE’s Smart Government initiative and will enable banks to offer P2P, NFC mobile payments and loyalty programs to customers.
- PBoC reports on China mobile payments market
- Blockchain NFC start-up focuses on expansion after $10m funding
- Contactless festival payments up 33%
- One in four use mobile wallets in Singapore
- Indian bank offers sound-based contactless payments