Some 8% of global mobile users have made an in-store mobile wallet payment either using NFC or via an app in the last six months, research from trade body Mobile Ecosystem Forum (MEF) and Wirecard has revealed. “Another 7% paid using a merchant’s plug and pay or mpos device and 5% said they paid via a mobile loyalty card scheme,” the research finds. 36% cite lack of trust as the main reason for not using a mobile wallet, 18% don’t know what a mobile wallet is and 15% “don’t see the point.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway