Merchants in India accepting electronic payments could be offered a tax rebate, a government proposal suggests. Fees for cash handling could increase, meanwhile, as part of an effort to encourage electronic payments, defined as those done “through means of cards, mobile wallets, mobile apps, new banking, Electronic Clearing Service (ECS), National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT), Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) or other similar means”.
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx
- FCC authorizes mysterious Apple product
- Android Pay users get free London travel and coffee
- Gemalto and BankAxept to simplify mobile payments for Norwegian banks