Merchants in India accepting electronic payments could be offered a tax rebate, a government proposal suggests. Fees for cash handling could increase, meanwhile, as part of an effort to encourage electronic payments, defined as those done “through means of cards, mobile wallets, mobile apps, new banking, Electronic Clearing Service (ECS), National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT), Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) or other similar means”.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway