Ebay’s board of directors has approved the completion of the separation of eBay and PayPal into two independent publicly traded companies. The split is expected to take place on 17 July 2015 and “will occur through a pro rata distribution of all of the stock of eBay’s subsidiary PayPal to eBay stockholders,” the company says. “Immediately following the distribution, PayPal will be an independent, publicly traded company.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway