The global market for mobile wallets will reach US$2.7tn by 2020, “driven by the proliferation of smartphones, tablets, mobile internet, strong governmental support for cashless transactions and the convenience offered by mobile payments,” Global Industry Analysts says. “Asia Pacific represents the largest market, with a CAGR of 33% over the analysis period,” it adds. “The retail sector represents the largest end-use for mobile wallets.”
- NXP to be bought by Qualcomm in US$47bn deal
- NFC to lead sharp rise in global smart packaging market
- New MacBook Pro to support Touch ID?
- Federal Reserve calls for industry input on payments security
- Bell ID’s TSP to help Japan Apple Pay integration