MasterCard is to test a system that will approve online purchases with a face or fingerprint scan later this year. “If you choose fingerprint, all it takes is a touch. If you go with facial recognition, you stare at the phone, blink once, and you’re done,” CNN reports. “To pull this off, MasterCard said it has partnered with every smartphone maker.” The pilot will involve 500 customers.
- Gemalto mobile security survey
- Stagecoach to deliver contactless payments on all its UK buses by 2018
- Azimo adds Siri money transfers
- Eckoh and Worldpay conduct first telephone-based Apple Pay transaction
- Android Pay launches in Hong Kong