MasterCard is to test a system that will approve online purchases with a face or fingerprint scan later this year. “If you choose fingerprint, all it takes is a touch. If you go with facial recognition, you stare at the phone, blink once, and you’re done,” CNN reports. “To pull this off, MasterCard said it has partnered with every smartphone maker.” The pilot will involve 500 customers.
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx
- FCC authorizes mysterious Apple product
- Android Pay users get free London travel and coffee
- Gemalto and BankAxept to simplify mobile payments for Norwegian banks