More than 7,600 taxi drivers in 90 cities across the UK and Ireland can accept NFC mobile payments from passengers using the taxi-hailing app Cab:app through an mPOS gateway provided by Payworks. “Drivers are now able to accept physical Visa, MasterCard and American Express card payments directly from the Cab:app application using NFC-enabled chip & PIN card readers,” the company says, adding that frequent passengers can pay directly from the app.
- Bank of America adds AI to mobile app
- US consumers ‘largely unfamiliar’ with contactless and mobile payments, research shows
- Mastercard to roll out biometric ID service in North America
- PayPal to be payment option in Messenger app
- App users positive on mobile payments