Apple has been granted a patent from the United States Patent and Trademark Office for an authentication system to allow owners to unlock content on their devices by taking a picture of their face. “The methods include processing a captured image of a user seeking to access a resource by conforming a subset of the image to a reference model,” the patent says.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes