Shoppers making online mobile payments using an iPhone have an average transaction value (ATV) of £54 compared to Android users with £49, Adyen’s 2015 Q2 Mobile Payments Index reveals. Smartphones now account for 64.1% of browser-based mobile transactions, up from 61% in Q1, with the use of tablets dropping from 38% to 35.9%. iPhone devices are now used for 10% of all global online transactions.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices