Shoppers making online mobile payments using an iPhone have an average transaction value (ATV) of £54 compared to Android users with £49, Adyen’s 2015 Q2 Mobile Payments Index reveals. Smartphones now account for 64.1% of browser-based mobile transactions, up from 61% in Q1, with the use of tablets dropping from 38% to 35.9%. iPhone devices are now used for 10% of all global online transactions.
- Transport for the North set to trial HCE for travel payments
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes