One in ten UK consumers using Apple Pay experienced issues when using the contactless payment service during its first week, research from social media company Brandwatch reveals. The findings, based on analysis of more than 26,000 tweets, also reveal the most popular use for the mobile payments service so far is paying on Transport for London’s (TfL) transportation network, followed by making purchases at Pret a Manger, Tesco, Waitrose and Boots.
- Smartphone users rate security most important app attribute, survey finds
- Apple unveils new MacBook Pro with Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments
- Nine out of 10 commercial banks exploring blockchain for payments, survey finds
- PBoC reports on China mobile payments market
- Blockchain NFC start-up focuses on expansion after $10m funding