Customers of convenience store chain 7-Eleven in Taiwan can now make mobile payments using a mobile wallet provided by Pi Mobile Technology backed by a bank card supplied by CTBC Bank. “Consumers can make electronic payments of less than NT$1,000 (US$31.95) at 7-Eleven stores nationwide with the Pi app running on their smartphones as the app creates a barcode on a user’s smartphone display,” Taipei Times reports.
- Gemalto mobile security survey
- Stagecoach to deliver contactless payments on all its UK buses by 2018
- Azimo adds Siri money transfers
- Eckoh and Worldpay conduct first telephone-based Apple Pay transaction
- Android Pay launches in Hong Kong