More than 25% of the world’s population will use mobile banking in the next four years, research from KPMG using data from UBS Evidence Lab reveals, predicting the number of users will double to 1.8bn. “Mobile banking is clearly supplanting all other channels as the main portal between the bank and the consumer,” says KPMG’s David Hodgkinson. “Banks must adapt or die.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway