Korean card issuers will adopt biometric recognition solutions from September following clearing from the Financial Services Commission. “BC Card is the first local financial institution to launch a biometric recognition and settlement service next month using a fingerprint scanning system,” Korea Bizwire reports. “Shinhan Bank is preparing to introduce a vein pattern recognition system, while Industrial Bank of Korea (IBK) is focusing on iris technology.”
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway