South Korean smart card provider Kona I has unveiled Kona Pay, a platform that allows banks and credit card firms to develop mobile payment services based on NFC, QR and barcodes. “Different from Apple Pay and Samsung Pay, card issuers can have tailored services for their payment systems built upon Kona Pay,” Korea Herald reports CEO Cho Chung-il as saying.
- Alipay gains acceptance in US and Europe
- EMVCo and Fido to deliver biometric authentication standards for mobile payments
- Mastercard adds online Masterpass payments to Android Pay, Samsung Pay and Microsoft Wallet
- Blockchain authentication for mobile transactions
- Intel to put Visa payments technology into connected devices