South Korean smart card provider Kona I has unveiled Kona Pay, a platform that allows banks and credit card firms to develop mobile payment services based on NFC, QR and barcodes. “Different from Apple Pay and Samsung Pay, card issuers can have tailored services for their payment systems built upon Kona Pay,” Korea Herald reports CEO Cho Chung-il as saying.
- Danish shoppers to get BLE mobile payments in 2017
- LG Pay delays launch, cites testing issues
- Square brings contactless reader to Australia
- Study shows growing appetite for mobile payments and biometrics
- mBeaconVend enables mobile vending machine payments