MasterCard is testing a ‘Selfie Pay’ service in the Netherlands with International Card Services and Dutch bank ABN Amro. Some 750 cardholders can verify online transactions with a face or fingerprint scan using their smartphones, while 200 employees of US First Tech Federal Credit Union will trial the service in September. MasterCard unveiled its plans to pilot biometrics for online shopping in July.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx