MasterCard is testing a ‘Selfie Pay’ service in the Netherlands with International Card Services and Dutch bank ABN Amro. Some 750 cardholders can verify online transactions with a face or fingerprint scan using their smartphones, while 200 employees of US First Tech Federal Credit Union will trial the service in September. MasterCard unveiled its plans to pilot biometrics for online shopping in July.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain