Chinese chain store operator Cyber Group has launched a joint venture with beacon platform provider Sensoro to roll out Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons across Japan and the Greater China region. The companies have already deployed beacons across Tokyo’s top shopping center Marunouchi and will roll out the platform to more than 20 shopping centers and retail stores in the city. They will also install more than 5,000 beacons in 40 shopping districts in Taiwan before the end of October.
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx
- FCC authorizes mysterious Apple product
- Android Pay users get free London travel and coffee
- Gemalto and BankAxept to simplify mobile payments for Norwegian banks