European mPOS company SumUp has announced €10m (US$11.2m) in funding from investors including BBVA Ventures and Groupon, taking the company’s funding total to €50m. SumUp plans to use the investment to increase its footprint into 15 countries, roll out its payment platform that encompasses a payments gateway, in-house hardware and operations systems, and to support the development of new services.
- Japanese government to trial biometrics
- Sarine to add NFC to share details on diamonds and gemstones
- WhatsApp tests NFC for group invites
- Samsung Pay gets new features and gives away $100,000 in prizes
- NXP rebrands Mifare SDK as TapLinx