Apple has been granted 45 patents relating to NFC, Touch ID and Apple Watch in the US, Patently Apple reports. An NFC element “may serve as an antenna for transmitting NFC signals to external equipment” such as NFC hearing aids, POS equipment and security card readers. The Touch ID patent details a system of scanning a fingerprint’s “flow angles” as they pass over the sensor.
- Danish shoppers to get BLE mobile payments in 2017
- LG Pay delays launch, cites testing issues
- Square brings contactless reader to Australia
- Study shows growing appetite for mobile payments and biometrics
- mBeaconVend enables mobile vending machine payments