Apple has been granted 45 patents relating to NFC, Touch ID and Apple Watch in the US, Patently Apple reports. An NFC element “may serve as an antenna for transmitting NFC signals to external equipment” such as NFC hearing aids, POS equipment and security card readers. The Touch ID patent details a system of scanning a fingerprint’s “flow angles” as they pass over the sensor.
- Apple Pay arriving in Germany?
- Chicago mobile ticket app hits 1m downloads
- Dubai bus passengers to get hands-free smart ticketing
- Visa works on blockchain B2B payment system
- Pizza Hut offers NFC tattoos that let customers order favourite takeaway