Technical specifications for Apple’s new flagship smartphones — the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus — reveal that the devices will support Apple Pay. There’s no news yet on whether the phone maker has added support for NFC tag read/write or peer-to-peer communication modes in the devices announced this week, however. NFC World has asked Apple for further clarification.
- 600m mobile devices to include biometrics by 2021
- ANZ could offer mortgages through Apple Pay
- Mastercard and Verifone unveil Instalments payments app
- Austrian bank deploys NFC-ready ATMs
- Apple Pay launches in Spain